The combination of ripe strawberries with melted chocolate is one of the unique ideas for an easy dessert. The Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe is an innovation in the world of dessert. The amalgamation of two very sweet yet different flavors leaves an impression. This fancy dessert is most suitable when you have party arranged at last minute.
- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Sweet
- Cuisine: Desserts
Description: The Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe dip fresh seasonal strawberries into evergreen chocolates. It is an instant and healthy dessert for any day party.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe Ingredients:
- Dark Chocolate – 1 large piece
- White Chocolate – 1 small piece
- Chocolate Chips – ½ cup
- Fresh Strawberries – 500 grams (12-15 strawberries)
- Desiccated Coconut – 2 tbsp.
- Pistachios – ¼ cup
- Almonds – ¼ cup
- Melted Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Oil – ¼ tsp.
- Granulated Sugar – ½ cup.
Note: Dark chocolate is also called as Semi-Sweet Chocolate.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe Steps:
- Melt Dark Chocolate: chop or grate the chocolate. Add oil and sugar in the bowl. Melt in microwave or stove. Keep stirring and let it rest. It will keep melting on its own.
- Melt White Chocolate: Chop the white chocolate. Add oil and sugar keep in microwave till it becomes smooth.
- Roast and Chop the nuts. Combine them in one bowl.
- Wash, Rinse, and Dry the fresh strawberries. There should not be a single droplet of water.
- Take the tray or dish and grease with melted butter evenly.
Note: Take precaution while you melt the chocolate. It should not become thick and tough. You can also directly melt on stove.
- Take the tray on which you have applied butter.
- Spread the desiccated coconut evenly on the plate.
- Dip 3/4th portion of the ripe strawberries into the melted chocolate mixture.
- List and twist the strawberry. Check if any portion is missed out.
- Twirl the strawberries and sprinkle the chopped nuts.
- Now, roll the chocolate covered strawberries over the spread coconut.
- Do not disturb the strawberry and keep it in the plate.
- Repeat the same procedure for all the strawberries in your bowl.
- Alternatively, dip the strawberries in the dark and white chocolate bowl.
- To cool the chocolate applied strawberries, keep them in refrigerator for half hour.
- Let the coating of coconut and chocolate settle over the strawberries.
- After a while, check the tray of strawberries, if the chocolate is frozen then take them.
And the unbelievably unique combination of strawberries and chocolate is ready to be served! Sprinkle the Choco-chips before serving.
Note: You can also insert the toothpick in the strawberries.
Calories: 114 calories
- Total Time: PT15M
- Serves: 5
- Date Published: 2016-09-01
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
Seasoning the dipped strawberries with the nutty layer of chopped almonds and pistachios is arguably one of the best things to make any dessert healthy. The juicy strawberries immersed in dark or white chocolate looks alluring. It bursts the bubbles of irresistible tangy and sweet flavors. Their texture has a mingle of crunchiness and softness.
There will be no setback once you think of preparing this dessert at home. The ingredients used are minimal and readily available. It requires zero cooking skills. What is required is only the love for chocolates and the berries. The strawberries dipped in melted Choco will definitely melt your heart
The juicy strawberry dipped in melted chocolate and sprinkled with nuts is the sweetest dessert to swallow. The taste is enhanced when you use fresh ripe seasonal strawberries. Get them, fresh from the market today, and prepare sweet yummy dessert. While you choose the strawberry ensure to not remove the stem. Also, refrain from selecting strawberry with soft skin.
- The Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe can be put together just in 15 minutes.
- It is best if you use the strawberries with the long stem so that you can hold properly while lifting them to dip into chocolate mixture.
- Do not keep the coated strawberries in the fridge for more than 1 hour.
- You can use either of dark or white chocolate instead of both.
- When using both, melt both the chocolates separately in different bowls.
Serve the strawberries topped with chocolate dressing as a solo dessert or you may also use as topping over the cakes and cupcakes. Garnish the dessert plate with –
- Chopped Nuts
- Stem Leaves of Strawberry
Image Credit : Kelly Toups