This is sweet snack recipe similar to chocolate truffle sprinkled with desiccated coconut. This chocolate marzipan is too soft to eat. It instantly melts-in-mouth and has a burst of flavors. The Chocolate Marzipan Recipe uses cashews and coconut to add on the goodness of chocolate. It is a completely vegan recipe with creamy and chocolaty taste.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
- If you do not have olive oil, you can get it from here.
- If you are using vanilla extract instead of powder, take little less than 1 tsp.
- You may use Almonds, Pistachios or any other dry fruits as well.
- When melting sugar in the water, keep stirring it.
- When cooking the cocoa powder mixture, let the mixture thickens nicely.
- Store the chocolate marzipan in cool and dry place.
- If the mixture is not as thick as desired, then allow it to reheat.
- It becomes chewy if you overcook them.
- You can substitute sugar with brown rice syrup or glucose.
- If there is any difficulty in forming the balls dust sugar on your hand’s and then form.
Serving & Garnishing:
- Place a piece of almonds on the chocolate marzipan and serve.
- Have it plain as a sweet or use it over the icing on the cake.
- Typically eaten during Christmas with coffee after the meal.
- Decorate your Chocolate Marzipan with glace cherries.
The delicious Marzipan is actually an elaborate sweet dish or delicacy. The chocolate Marzipan is the twisted version. It is mainly is made from chocolate, sugar, and cashew. These are one kind of chocolates which are filled with powdered nuts (cashews and almonds) in the center. They dipped in the dark melted chocolate and coated with coconut.
There is a perfect blend of sweetness and bitterness in this sweet snack. There is a balance of flavors, fragrance, taste and texture. The traditional way of making Marzipan is time-taking. It needs patience and a lot of work with exercise. This is healthy sweet snack with a bit less sugary.