For all the non-chocolate lovers, here’s the heart winning healthy Eggless Orange Cake Recipe. There is no confusion or fuss in making of simple and easy orange cake. It only requires fresh, fruity and flavorful oranges with side elements like sugar and baking soda for the cake batter.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The citrus flavored cake has a cute crumbly texture with a charming light orange color. The divine aroma of the oranges, the spectacular smell of the baked cake, is enough to tempt a kid or an adult. The beautiful orange flavored icing over the cake quickly grabs the eye balls. The fun flavors in the zest of orange are outrageously delicious.
The soft, spongy and fluffy cake is healthy to due to nutritious facts of orange. The twist in the recipe can be the addition of Jaggery which makes the cake healthier. This makes the orange cake organic and hearty to have. The preparation has the flexibility to adjust with the proportion of butter, oil, sugar or other ingredients keeping health quotient in mind.
- The Eggless Orange Cake recipe requires nearly 1 hour to cook.
- Oranges are rich source of vitamin C and the cakes contains no cholesterol and low amount of sodium.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar as it contain high proportion of sugar in its making.
- Make use of Fresh Orange Juice.
- The cake is edible for a week if stored in fridge.
- Use more baking soda if you do not have baking powder.
- You can also use Almond Flour.
- You may add cherry to the batter.
- The cake can also be cooked in the pressure cooker.
- You can make fusion of the cake, with addition of clove, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Cut the pieces of cake or serve it as whole over the cake table. You can eat the cake with any hot beverage. Garnish the orange cake with:
- Cream Swirls
- Melted Chocolate
- Mint Leaves
- Orange Rings
- If you want to make cake flour at home then mix 1 cup of all-purpose flour with the mixture of 2 tbsp. of all-purpose flour and 3 tbsp. of corn flour.
- Wait for the icing to settle and dry over the cake before you start cutting the pieces of the cake.
- You can make this lovely orange cake for the birthday parties or you may have it for your breakfast paired with the healthy orange juice from orange squash.
- If you are using the store bought orange juice, your cake might lack the enhanced flavor of oranges. To compensate with that add few drops of orange extract from the top.
- Top a scoop of vanilla ice-cream over this cake and sprinkle the chopped almonds. It would give a wonderful flavor with a bit of crunch.
|60 minutes||5 to 6 people||132 calories|
The Eggless Orange Cake recipe is a yummy and delicious dessert made from fresh oranges and sieved wheat flour. This vibrant bright cake is soft to hold and light to have. The high amount of sugar may restrict its regular eating. But however much extra you eat, this lightness of this cake won’t make your stomach feel heavy. We have used the orange juice in this cake which gives the shiny and glaze to the texture of our cake. Whereas the use of the orange zest in this cake recipe is to infuse the citrusy orange flavors in the cake.
Whenever this cake is made in your kitchen, it will spread a sweet citrusy aroma all over the place. You would be tempted to eat this cake as soon as it is baked not only because of taste and bright orange texture but also because of lovely fragrance.
This divine cake from the pulpy orange gives a burst of flavors with the first bite itself. This yummy Orange flavored cake from fresh organic oranges is extremely easy to attempt. This vegan orange cake required very few ingredients for its preparation. The icing over this lovely cake is optional and you can even choose to eat it plain without the frosting.
If you love the sourness of the Curd, then you can use 3/4th cup of yogurt in the above mentioned recipe. The combination of tofu or paneer cubes with the yogurt will do some magic to the taste of cake. But if you do not have tofu or you do no prefer having tofu then use just the yogurt. Tweak with the traditional way of preparing this eggless orange and make it your customized cake. You can twist with its flavors and the taste as well, the only key is to make the batter with the consistency.
When you are new in the baking or in your early days of cooking, you might be little hesitant to try any other flavors other chocolate or vanilla. You might worry that the cakes made from citric flavored fruits won’t taste good. Also you might wonder how you would bake the cakes of these fruits retaining their original taste and flavors. Our usual taste buds are accustomed to few basic flavors only and thus we stick to making those cakes only. When you are into the baking, you must keep trying new and innovative idea which makes your baking interesting. You can also try the sweet pineapple cake which needs the fresh pineapple juice, it is easy to adapt its taste. Once you have developed the taste of citrus flavors and your taste buds love it, then you might be interesting in learning different citrusy food varieties. The other citrusy flavored cake which is equally yummy and tasty is the eggless lemon cake with the lemon zest. The other food dishes from the fruit oranges which you can make at home are:
- Orange chocolate cupcake
- Orange muffins
- Orange cream biscuit
If you are baking the cake for the first time, then it might not a successful effort but do not lose the confidence. There are various other simple and very easy bake recipes like the orange cake recipe which you can try as beginners. The other eggless baking dishes which you would like to try is the simplest and easiest eggless vanilla cake which is the most common cake as well. The eggless pound cake is also good to try for the budding chefs of the kitchen. If you love chocolates, then check out how to make eggless chocolate mousse recipe or the eggless Choco chip muffins recipe. In the season of mangoes, you can attempt a sweet mango dessert of the eggless mango cake with or without the mango frosting. The baking cakes such as Eggless Mawa Cake or Eggless Banana Cake are good and healthy to have in breakfast with a glass of juice.
There are numerous other cake combinations which you can try with your favorite fruit or any other ingredient. The sprinkle of chopped fry fruits add both taste and flavors to any of your cake. These chopped almonds, walnuts or cashews also gives your smooth and creamy cake a touch of crunchy texture. Do keep trying until you cake comes out be soft, colorful and flavorful!