All the different kinds of Cake and delicious pastries are decorated with the fresh whipped cream. Even the whipped cream is used to top the puddings, ice-creams, shakes and smoothies. The whipped cream can be prepared in the different flavors and in various colors. This homemade whipped cream recipe makes the basic vanilla flavored white colored whipped cream. It is the most basic recipe to prepare whipped cream. Though it is plain in flavors, but it can be used for many purposes.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
If you are wondering how to make basic whipped cream at home, then do not worry. It is very easy and simple to prepare the fresh whipped cream with minimal ingredients. For the basic vanilla flavored whipped cream recipe, all you need is the heavy whipping cream with some sugar. The addition of sugar makes the sweetened whipped cream, but you can skip it or add less to make unsweetened whipped cream. The homemade whipped cream taste far better than cream cans and store bought bottles.
This is the basic recipe of preparing whipped cream. It is no too sweet and you can also customize it according to your preference. You can use various herbs, spice, and other ingredients to make it’s the flavored whipped cream. The fancy circles or the swirls of the whipped creams instantly makes any dish look attractive and taste creamy. While whipping the cream, it is essential to whip it perfectly and not overdo it. Once you get the grip over it, then every time you can make the perfect whipped cream.
The whole idea of making the whipped cream from the scratch is interesting. It is more fascinating to make whipped cream than to buy the canned varieties of the whipped cream. No flavor can beat the freshness and creaminess of the homemade whipped cream. It can be ready in just a few steps. There is little pre—prep you have to do if you are planning to prepare the whipped cream. Chilling the ingredients and the equipment’s is the most crucial thing. The chilled cream and chilled bowls makes the best-whipped cream at home.
- Avoid whipping the cream more than it is required.
- The whipped cream turned to butter won’t taste that good.
- Whip the cream by using fresh and heavy Amul whipping cream.
- There is at least 25% fat in the store bought Amul cream.
- To whip the cream, you will need the heavy whipping cream with more than 35% fat.
- Always buy the cream from the milk dairy which has maximum fat percentage.
- The heavier the cream used for whipping, the better would be the result.
- The Whipped cream would taste best when served immediately after whipping.
- You can beat the cream on medium pace or high pace.
- You can use hand mixer or stand mixer to whip the cream.
Take some whipped cream in a fancy bowl and garnish it with:
- Chopped or Whole Strawberries
- Colorful Chopped Jelly’s
- Chopped Mangoes
- Chocolate Syrup
You can garnish your whipped cream with any other interesting ideas as well.
The whipped cream can be used to make various other dishes. It can also be eaten alone at times. You can add the whipped cream over the cakes. You can pipe some whipped cream rosettes over the sweet and delicate strawberry cake.
You can stuff it over the glass of your Buttermilk. Even the Brown Butter Waffles pairs perfectly well with the swirls of the whipped cream. You can also top the delicious Mango Panna Cotta with the whipped cream.
You can top a small pie of whipped cream over the toasted or the baked bread. You can take a scoop of whipped cream and dollop it on a fruit salad bowl.
- For best results make sure whisk and bowl are ice cold.
- You can other substitutes like grated coconut or bourbon instead of plain vanilla.
- You can also use honey or maple syrup in place of the sugar.
- Do not over beat the heavy whipping cream.
- You can prepare the whipped cream in little advance.
- Though a stand mixer is great, but with that, you can whip much faster.
- Whenever you whip faster, it becomes hard for you to realize the difference in stages and you cannot make out when to stop.
- It is preferred to beat the heavy whipping cream on medium speed so you can see the stages.
- If you do not have a stand mixer, then you can make homemade whipped cream with other methods.
You can prepare the whipped cream at home, every now and then. It is really one of those easiest recipes which you can keep making again and again. It takes less time and needs only three basic ingredients. It can be prepared in no time if you have the required ingredients ready with you. The key point to note while making the whipped cream recipe is that everything should be chilled. Follow this one single trick and you can make perfect whipped cream.
Once your electric mixer or bowl is chilled, then begin to whisk everything at high speed. Pour the cream and sugar along with vanilla essence or any other flavoring essence and then whisk till stiff peaks begin to occur. And that’s it! Without much of efforts or any extra precaution, your whipped cream is ready! For any other flavor than the plain vanilla, you can exchange the vanilla essence with other ingredients. While using the flavored ingredients, add little and taste it. Then add more and whisk it. It is completely your choice whether you want to add more or less. Also, it depends on you if you want plain or flavored whipped cream. Whether you exchange ingredient or not, the whipped cream will taste exceptional.
Storing the Whipped Cream:
- You can store any unused portion of the whipped cream in an airtight container.
- If you properly store the remaining whipped cream, it would last for up to 10 hours.
- After storing the whipped cream, whenever to want to use it, take it out from the fridge.
- Take out 10 minutes prior to using the whipping cream.
- Whenever you want to use the cream or when it’s ready to use, re-whisk it.
- Take the hand whisker and gently whisk the stored whipped cream for 10 to 15 seconds.
- If during the re-wishing, the stored whipped cream gets to loosen up then whip it again.
- The cream will double in quantity once it’s whipped. So store in a container with some space.
How to Prepare the Whipped Cream in Advance?
You can also prepare the whipped cream in advance. If you are planning to make the whipped cream for some party dessert, then you must make it prior to sometime before and use it over the desserts. For making the whipped cream earlier, you have to whisk the heavy whipping cream only till the soft peaks begins to form. Now, once you have whipped if through the half, then refrigerate this cream for a couple of hours.
Now, when you want to serve the cream or when you want to use the cream, then again take it out from the fridge. After you take it out, you have to beat or whisk this chilled cream for a while. At the medium pace, continue to whip the chilled whipped cream till it forms medium peaks. Then once whipped completely, you can serve it or use it to make the desserts
Methods to make Whipped Cream at Home:
Sometimes for the homemade recipes, convenience plays a huge part. We prefer to make only those things which are easy. For the recipes which take a little time, we buy those products from the store. The store-bought whipped cream can never beat the taste and freshness of homemade whipped cream. Also, this homemade whipped cream recipe is easy and simple. There are various different ways by which you can prepare your favorite whipped cream at home.
- Using Balloon Whisk & Bowl
- Using a Hand Mixer
- Using a Stand Mixer
- Using a Simple Jar
Alternately, you can also make homemade whipped cream with:
- Food Processor
- Immersion Blender
- Mason Jar
Flavors of the Whipped Cream Recipe:
You can make the various flavored whipped cream at home. Replace the vanilla essence with the other flavored ingredient. With the two basic ingredients, i.e. heavy whipping cream and sugar, you can experiment with various whipped cream. Once you learn to make at home, you will never settle with store bought whipped cream.
To make the mango flavored whipped cream, you have to use ½ cup sweet mango pulp. Along with whipped cream and sugar, add mango pulp. You can also add food color or color essence to it.
To make the strawberry flavored whipped cream, add ½ cup strawberry with the whipping cream. You can the color essence or you can even add few finely chopped strawberries.
If you want to whip the cream for the chocolate flavor, then add 2 tbsp. cocoa powder or ½ cup chocolate syrup. Mix it along with the whipping cream and sugar, then begin to whip them all.
For the coffee flavor whipping cream, add the 2 tsp. instant coffee powder with the whipping cream. Mix it with the sugar and whip. You can use any dark coffee powder.
To prepare the lemon flavored whipping cream at home, freeze 2 lemons in the fridge. Let them cool for 30 minutes. As they are cooled, take them out and grate their zest. Add the lemon zest and little lemon juice in the whipping cream. Then begin to whip rigorously.
If you want to prepare the cinnamon flavored whipping cream, you would need 1 tsp. grated cinnamon. Add it to the whipping cream and whip. You can use the powdered cinnamon as well.
Peppermint Whipped Cream
This is also a very interesting flavor of the whipping cream. To make the peppermint whipped cream, you need 1 tsp. peppermint extract, add it to the heavy whipping cream along with sugar. Whip them together.
Image credit: Houseofyumm
Get Recipes in your inbox