Want to beat the scorching summer heat? Prepare something which is cool and refreshing to eat. But, in summers, we usually feel lazy to make some time-consuming dish. So here is the simple solution for you! You can prepare this quick and easy mint Raita recipe in minutes at home. It does not require any time of cooking or switching on the stove. You have to get the ingredients, assemble them and keep the Raita to cool for a while. It’s easy to prepare and simple to assemble from the few handful of ingredients.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
This green colored flavorful Raita is really very simple to make. This Raita recipe is made with fresh mint leaves, spices and other fresh herbs. It has refreshing and reviving flavors of mint leaves. Whereas the Curd used in the making of Raita gives the cooling effect to our and also has other health benefits. To make this Raita you have to follow only three basic steps. Firstly you have to begin by washing the fresh mint leaves, then you have grind them with water to make the fine paste. Then add to the Raita along with other spices and mix everything.
This mint Raita is very easy to make. Earlier I don’t use to eat this Raita but after my marriage, once my mother in law made this dish and its taste was awesome. Then onwards I started to eat and make this Raita. This recipe is my mother in law’s recipe of mint Raita. She uses to add green chili instead of red chili, here I have added red chili powder just to give a nice texture to the dish. You can use according to your choice. The addition of spices and flavoring agents gives good flavors and aroma.
This is an alternate to a cool fresh chutney that gets prepared within seconds. You can use it to top over the various vegetable curries or as a dip to accompany with a complete meal. Serve this mint Raita with Paratha, Pulao, Nan, and Biryani. So get ready to beat this summer heat with chilled mint Raita which can be prepared in few minutes. This Raita from mint will instantly refresh your palate. It is best to pair with the spicy Indian curries or after eating some Punjabi vegetable curries.
- Total time of making the dish of Mint Raita Recipe is 15 minutes.
- The measured proportion of ingredients mentioned in the recipe makes Raita which serves 2 people.
- Substitute for milk curd is almond milk curd. If you want little sweet curd, then use almond yogurt.
- The chopped onion and chopped cucumber can also be added. The onions would give their own pungent flavor along with the crunch. Whereas, the cucumbers would give the subtle cooling effect and the bit of crunchiness.
- To make this Raita savory, the fried Boondi seasoned with salt can also be added.
- Keep the Raita in a refrigerator if you are not serving immediately. Otherwise, it will become sour.
- A number of spices can be adjusted accordingly.
- If you do not like the sourness of Curd, then ¼ tsp. of sugar can also be added.
- Adding the Chaat Masala is optional. You can add only if you like. You may also add other spice powders like Dry Mango Powder.
- Instead of red chili powder, 1 green chili can be added while making the paste of mint leaves.
You can serve this Raita chilled with fried rice or any type of stuffed paratha. Also, it pairs best with the steamed spicy pulao or biryani. You may also serve it as a side dish along with some gravy sabzi and paratha. If you are making for parties and small functions, then serve it along with the tasty starters like kebab or spicy Tikki.
- Garnish with a mint leaf.
- Sprinkle some Jeera powder.
- Season the Raita with the chili powder.
- If you are in hurry, then simply add the chopped mint leaves. You do not need to make the paste.
- You can serve this Raita either warm or chilled. But it would taste best when served chilled.
- It would taste best if you have it with the warm Pudina paratha.
This Mint Raita is a yogurt based side dish which is one of the most common accompaniment to the Indian meals. You can have it along with rice, paratha or even any light snack. The reason why it is most preferred with the biryani is because it’s heavily spiced. So having the Raita as a dish balances the effect of hot spices in our body. You can make the Raita mildly spiced or heavily spices as your choice. Sometimes, adding the seasonal and green veggies enriches both the taste and flavors of the Raita.
These refreshing and cooling Raita’s are very versatile as you can be flexible with their flavors. You can also make a customized Raita with any of your favorite ingredient. To make Raita, you do not need to buy anything extra. You can make the Raita from the ingredients available in your kitchen. If you have made a potato curry and there is still some leftover potato in the fridge, then you can use it to make Raita. It’s always better you use the veggies in the healthy and tasty way rather than to throw. Generally Raita goes along well any dish which is spicy and hot. You can enjoy it with the rice, paratha and any other spicy starter. There is no such recipe as simple, easy and quick to Raita.
Similar to this refreshing Mint Raita, there is another equally refreshing cucumber Raita which you can make at home. Corianders or the Cilantro are among the common herbs we all have in your kitchen. Even the Curd is one of the food element which is available at everyone’s place. So whenever you want to make Raita, quickly mix coriander leaves into fresh curd with other spices.