The Cucumber Raita Recipe is easy to make especially when you are fasting. It is a healthy side dish to have with any heavy Indian meal. The dish has a combination of sweet and salty flavors with the minor touch of sourness. The mild flavor of cucumber merges well with the high flavors of spice. The Raita pairs like a perfect match with all south Indian dishes, veg Hyderabad biryani and paneer pulao. The preparation needs minimum time and availability of barely few ingredients. All you need to grab in some fresh thick curd, veggies like cucumber, beans and onion, lemon, herbs, seeds, spice powders and some condiments.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The pungent aroma of onions and the milky fragrance of the cumin powder amalgamates in a divine way with the refreshing flavors of mint leaves. The lovely white delicate look amazes both the eyes and the taste buds. The wonderful whiff of the Raita spreads all over the kitchen. The sprinkle of red chili powder is to increase the spice value whereas the black pepper powder enhances the overall flavor. There is no fixed rule to use onions, they are optional and can be skipped.
Be sure to buy the best cucumbers from the market, which are fresh and has minor crunch. The cooling properties of Cucumber are known to all and it’s the best component to eating which keeps you hydrated in the tough summers. It also provides relief from the inside out heartburns. It instantly boosts immunity as it is the storehouse of various vitamins. It enhances the dull skin by supplying it with necessary mineral. It aids in weight loss, relieves eyes from strain and refreshes the awful odor of mouth. All these factors make the cucumber most favorable to eat on sunny days.
As mentioned, the cucumber raita recipe can be prepared in an easy manner with no efforts and almost no cooking. The simplicity of the dish makes it special among its competitors. Also, the major reason to choose it over the others is because it gets assembled quickly. You may definitely tag this cool Raita as one of the best accompaniment for various Indian dishes. This Raita, of course, yummy but it is also healthy to have cucumbers in summers.
- The Cucumber Raita Recipe gets ready in short time of 15 minutes. You only have to mix ingredients when veggies are chopped and you have already whisked the yogurt.
- The mentioned proportion is for the serving of 3 people, but you can increase or decrease the proportion depending on a number of people.
- You can also immediately serve the Raita without keeping in the fridge, but it tastes even better if served cooled.
- You can also sprinkle the mix of spice powders like pomegranate seed powder and other dry powders.
- If you are making this Raita on the day of fast, then skip spice powder and salt.
- You may add little water or milk if the yogurt it too thick. Avoid beating the Curd with the electrical blender.
- Always check if the curd is not sour before using it as it can ruin the taste.
- You can adjust the proportion of condiments and sugar according to the quantity of yogurt.
You may serve the cool cucumber Raita with all type of Indian curries and variety of different rice dishes. Pour the Raita in the serving bowl and garnish it with:
- Chopped Cucumber
- Coriander Leaves
- Spice Powders
- Mint Leaf
Image Credit : Ezpzcooking