Looking for some weekend cooking adventures? Here you can rescue from your thoughts with the healthy Oats Upma Recipe! After trying this delicious dish of Oats, you would be amazed that even oats can taste wonderful. It is healthy yet a tasty recipe which is simple and quick to make on busy mornings. Also, it is one of the easy great vegan dish options. It has a blend of oats in the form of upma along with other fresh vegetables, some spice powders, Indian condiments and herbs. This dish, inspired from basic Upma of South Indian Cuisine is a complete combination of energy and nutrients. It’s a perfect breakfast which can give a super boost to your day!
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
As oats are nothing but the healthy cereals, you can give to your kids and include them for the food of your entire family. I make this oats upma for my son also. I avoid adding green chilies for him. I also don’t add Urad dal for him because fried dal is difficult for him to chew. If you want to add Urad dal then boil it before adding it. Also for using tomatoes see that you remove the skin of tomato because it’s also difficult for him to gulp it. My child loves this try for you children also! The colourful oats upma has a good texture and taste. This Indo-Western fusion dish comprises of the nutritional quotient of oats with flavours of veggies and spices.
The final flavours of this upma with oats and extremely nice and delightful. It is a light weight food which is also tummy filling. If you are hesitating to make oats, then do not worry, the detailed recipe instructions will be helpful for all who those who are unknown about cooking oats. The cooking is simple, all you have to do is chop the veggies you are using, roast the oats evenly and then cook them together with the sprinkle of masala powders. The scrumptious tempering with flavouring agents and herbs gives an appealing aroma to the dish.
If oat is the most loved ingredient in your family, then this delicious and creamy oats upma is best choice to make for a morning breakfast, brunch, lunch, and evening snack or for any meal. It can be prepared in less than half hour without much of overdoing. Make it yourself for dinner if you do not prefer eating carbs at night. You might be apprehensive at first as oats are bit slimy when cooked and you might want to have it the porridge way with boiled milk or water but try giving your oats a tweak. For all food-lover folks who are health conscious, can try this healthy alternative of tasty upma!
- Total time required for cooking of Oats Upma Recipe is 25 minutes.
- The measured proportion of ingredients serves 2 people.
- You can add cashew and groundnut both or any one of them.
- You also use frozen peas or the fresh peas. If using the frozen peas, then thaw properly before the use.
- Sugar can be omitted if you don’t prefer the sweet taste.
- If you like the tangy flavour, then chopped tomatoes can be used. And if you prefer it to be Chatpata then you can use Pav-Bhaji Masala or the Chaat Masala Powder or even the Sambar Powder would do.
- If making for toddlers then don’t add green chilli and cook the vegetables properly.
- If oats are cooked properly, then they would not become mushy or slimy.
- For the extra creaminess and the granulated texture, you can add grated coconut.
- If you are making this dish for the heart patient, then use cholesterol free butter or take oil/ghee is very less proportion.
Take the oats upma in a plate and serve it warm plain or with any chutney. Garnish with:
- Coriander Leaves
- Lemon Wedges
- Cilantro Leaves
- Onion Rings
- It tastes best when served with a glass of orange juice.
- Oats can be boiled in the microwave as well.
- Having this on the regular basis can help in reducing weight.
The oats upma can be packed for kids’ lunchbox and tiffin for our family members. Consuming Oats in your daily diet can improve your cholesterol as it contains irons and fibre in great proportion. If you are looking for more variety of upma recipes then you can try tangy flavoured Tomato Upma, healthy Vermicelli Upma which is good when you are on weight loss diet, Idli Upma, Quinoa Upma, Rava Upma, Onion Upma, Poha Upma and Bread Upma.
The other such healthy breakfast from oats can be oats idli, oats dosa, oats uttapam and much such more. You can also make Masala Oats, Lemon Oats, or Oats Chivda if you are searching for the tastier oats options.