It is said that the Soup is Cuisine’s favorite Course and if the same applies to you then, you can cherish your meals with the great delicate flavors of the soup. The Spring Onion Soup Recipe is one of the best options when you have green onions in abundance and wondering how to utilize the bunch. It is one such kind of satisfying soups which gives comfort when served hot, especially during the days of winter. This soup can be eaten either in the pure thin form or in the pureed thick form. The smooth layer of this subtle soup is extremely flavorful when topped with fresh cream. There is the stability of taste & flavors, aroma & fragrance, and texture & color in this soup having the combination of spring onions and potatoes.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
This creamy textured soup with a thick consistent with fragrant flavors is incredibly tasty. The tasteful soup of spring onions has an alluring aroma and a gorgeous green look. You can tweak with the original taste of the soup and yet it would come out to be delicious and tasty. Usually, it is very easy to make with just the handful of available ingredients apart from the spring onions. The lesser the components used, the more flavorful will the soup be. You can adjust the taste of the soup as per your taste palates, otherwise, this soup from Chinese Cuisine is mild in nature. There is a beautiful blend of the spring onions with potatoes and spices in this appetizer. The heavenly mix of green onions with an essence of spring makes you feel instantly revived and refreshed.
Each ingredient used in the preparation of this soup helps in enhancing the flavors of other ingredients. Every spice and herbs included have their specific characteristic which they infuse in the soup. You can give the soup thick consistency creamier texture with potatoes. The flavoring agents like coriander leaves and mint leaves are finely chopped and scattered over the soup for garnishing. The season of salt and better with the squeezed lemon enriches the original zest of soup. It is very crucial to sauté the garlic and spring onions properly and let the mixture simmer properly if you want to have full flavors. The balanced used of various veggies, sauces, spices, condiments and herbs makes it’s a wholesome dish having nutritious values and is also economical.
Happiness is…hot soup on a cold day!
It is amongst the various appetizing soup which can be perfectly paired for the winters as spring onions are obtainable easily in that season. Green Onions or commonly called as spring onions are Scallions with a little larger and rounder bulb. The instructions are simple and the steps are quick to follow. It is a great recipe to make to make when you are looking for healthy yet tasty super choices. One bowl of spring onion soup is enough to give you the kick start for the day. Though it is simple to prepare at home, its flavor is unbeatable.
- Total time for spring onion soup recipe is 30 minutes where 10 minutes is for preparation and rest 20 minutes can be consumed in cooking.
- The measured proportion of ingredients serves 2 people.
- If the puree is too thick then you can add extra water or vegetable stock accordingly.
- Potatoes should be chopped in small pieces because large pieces will take more time to be cooked.
- You can even use boiled potatoes if you are in a hurry.
- Whenever you make a soup, strain through a sieve which will give it better finesse.
- This soup can be canned and frozen in the refrigerator for a month. It is advisable to store in small portions. It would be easy when you want to defrost.
- The other addition of ingredients to this soup can be onions, sweet corn, fresh green peas, mushroom, green chilies, fresh cream, and herbs like bay leaf, mint leaves and spices like ginger and cumin seeds.
Garnish with leaves such as:
- Coriander Leaves
- Mint Leaves
- Parsley Leaves
- Basil Leaves
You can also garnish it with the chopped spring onions or a with a layer of heavy whipped cream.
- You can serve this soup as a side accompaniment with Baked Macaroni & Cheese or any type of salads.
- Also if making for a party, then place the Parmesan biscuits or bread-sticks in the plate.
The spring onions are hearty to have as they boost our immune system and aid in improving our health. Soups are not only simple to make, but they also act light on our stomach. So, apart from giving the treat to our taste buds, including soups in our regular diet can be beneficial for our routine appetite. The other dishes which can be made from spring onions which have a zest of springs in them are spring onion paratha and spring onion pakora. The addition of spring onions in the Chinese dishes enhances the flavors of the dish. The various Chinese dishes which use spring onions are Veg Spring Rolls, Veg Manchurian, Veg Manchow Soup, Veg Fried rice, Gobi Manchurian Rice and much such more.
There are various types of soups which can be made at home with ease. For all the soup lovers you can try the cream soups are Mushroom Soup, Broccoli Soup, and Celery Soup. The most popular amongst soups is the tomato soup but you can also make the roasted tomato soup with a minor twist. The soups like sweet corns preferable in the monsoon whereas you can make Palak Soup in winters. The famous Spanish Gazpacho Soup with garlic and almond is also healthy and tasty.