Do you like the tangy taste of tomatoes? Are you fascinated by the flavors of this tiny little fruit or vegetable? The Tomato Biryani Recipe is the traditional rice dish of South Indian Cuisine with the tomato as the core element alongside the spice powders and other Indian condiments. Biryani may be common to us but the term “tomato biryani” might have been heard rare. Whether you know or not, do not worry! You can make this biryani, the way it is comfortable for you to cool. Also, you can use any homely ingredients you wish to apart from the tomatoes. The combination of taste, texture and fragrance in this tomato biryani is commendable.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
No wonder that tomatoes are tagged as “nutritional dense functional food” due to their immense health benefits and nutrient values. It is immensely impressive to know what good does the consumption of tomatoes does to our health. They are not only good for the health of our heart but also reduces diabetes, prevents constipation, curbs depression, improves eyesight, skin and good during pregnancy. There are various ways to include tomatoes in our diet and one such is tangy and tasty biryani. It is easy, simple and quick to prepare when you are lacking with the meal ideas on a busy day.
The taste of this tangy tomato biryani can be adjusted to mildly spicy or extra spicy according to the taste suitable for your palates. Always pluck the ripened and fresh tomatoes for the tomato puree. If you are using peas then you can choose either frozen or fresh peas. But the rest the vegetable you use should be fresh. For the creamier texture, you may add the almond or cashew paste. Even the coconut milk or vegetable stock provides the smooth texture. The spices, condiments, and herbs used give both the flavors and the fragrance to the tomato biryani. You can skip adding any if you want.
The yummy taste and the colorful look of the tangy tomato biryani are luring to the taste buds as well as appealing to eyes. Cook delicious resultant style tomato biryani at home in minutes. You may prepare the tomato rice in the pan, in pot or in the cooker as per your choice. There is a minor tweak in the way it’s cooked when compared with other restaurant styled biryanis. You do not have to prepare it in a layer, simply prepare the masala mixture, add the rice, and allow it to cook. It is a one meal dish which can be served for breakfast, mid-day meal, dinner or for any parties. Check the simple steps with the detailed instructions, and surprise your loved ones!
- Total time of cooking for Tomato Biryani Recipe is 30 minutes
- The measure proportion of ingredients serves 4 people
- Instead of making tomato puree, finely chopped tomatoes can be used.
- The addition of vegetables enhances the taste of biryani. You can add broccoli, corn, cauliflower, spring onions, beans or baby corns.
- You can use frozen peas also.
- For the creamier texture, you may use ½ cup of coconut milk or the vegetable stock. And if you are using any of them then reduce the quantity of water. If you do have coconut milk, then you can substitute it with whole milk.
- Biryani can be made in an electric pressure cooker also.
- You can use nuts in the roasted form or the in the paste form. E.g. Roasted chopped cashews or the cashew paste.
- If the tomatoes are too tangy, then add pinches of sugar to balance the taste.
- Coriander Leaves/ Mint leaves.
- Grated Cheese
- Paneer Cubes
- Tomato Slices
- If you are making this dish for the party menu, then make roasted tomato soup for the appetizer.
- Having this tomato biryani with the plain tomato curry can be the best option if you are looking for a heavy weighted super.
Once the tomato biryani is prepared, you can store in the fridge and use it for the whole one day. It is the perfect option when thinking about packing the tiffin for the school of your kids or for the office. Give it with the fresh salad along with chilled Raita in the summers.
The delicious Hyderabadi Biryani is again of the popular biryani dish which you can try at home. The other types of rice dish which might interest you are Jeera Rice, Mango Rice, Masala Rice, Ghee Rice, Beetroot Rice, Mint Rice and Pulao such as Paneer Pulao, Pea Pulao and much such more. Even you can try to make international rice dishes such as Herb Rice, Vegetarian Paella, Portuguese Tomato Rice and Spanish rice.
For all the tomato lovers, if you are interested in other recipes made from tomato then you may like to check Tomato Upma, Tomato Soup, Tomato Chutney or Onion-Tomato Chutney, Tomato Salsa Dip, Chunky Salsa with Tomato, Tomato Ketchup, Tomato Rasam, Tomato Pulao, Tomato Salad, Tomato Sambar, Tomato Rice, Tomato Raita, Tomato Bhaji, Tomato Sandwich, Tomato Uttapam, Tomato Pizza, Tomato Bruschetta and various other dishes can be made from only tomatoes.
Image Credit : Geethsdawath.com