The Paneer Manchurian Dry Recipe is party pleasure snack recipe. This pan-fried paneer tossed in spices and sauces can be cooked in minutes at home. For the newbie in the cooking, this is an easy Chinese starter Recipe from the cottage cheese. This delicious, yummy, tasty and spicy Dry Manchurian is one of the best and easiest Indo Chinese recipes to try.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The paneer is chopped in small cubes, coated in the corn flour spice and tossed in the Chinese condiments. There is a wonderful combination of spicy, tangy, and sweet sauces with the mild flavoured paneer. This easy and quick paneer dish is an ideal party food but it is an awesome snack for lunchbox as well. This is the best dish for vegetarians which can also be served with the main course.
The paneer cubes are soft and moist from inside whereas crispy and crunchy from outside. It has the spiciness of the soya sauce, ginger-garlic and green chillies. It also has the tanginess of tomato ketchup. All these flavouring agents give the nice complex flavours to this dish. But you can adjust their proportion based on the flavours you desire. Twist this recipe your way and make it worth to eat.
- You can also use Spring onions instead of celery.
- You can add any colour capsicum. I personally use all available capsicum.
- Equally sized veggies and Paneer cubes look very nice when serving.
- While frying paneer cubes, do not over fry them or the outer cover will not taste good.
- If your Kadai/wok is small, then fry paneer in 2 batches.
- For crispier version, you can try shallow fry. But, it will be very oily and you might not like it if you are health conscious.
- For all the vegan folks, you can make the same dish using Tofu.
- For the substitute of green chillies, use Serrano Peppers or Jalapeno Pepper.
- If you have fresh or frozen peas in your fridge, then you can add them as well.
- You can try the same recipe with the cheese cubes as well. The cheese would become shapeless when you bake but would still taste nice.
Serve the Paneer Dry Manchurian Hot and Warm in the shallow serving bowl. You can have this starter plain or with the bowl of Veg Manchow Soup as a side accompaniment. Keep the small bowl of sizzling hot and spicy Schezwan sauce as a dip to have it with this tasty appetizer.
- Garnish with spring onion or celery if available
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves if available
- Season the paneer Manchurian with mint leaves or parsley leaves.
- Kids like tangy. So, serve it with homemade tomato ketchup.
- If you like it spicy, then sprinkle very finely chopped ½ piece of green chilli.
- For the parties, pair this spicy Manchurian with the sweet eggless banana cake.
- If you paneer for a longer time, the cubes would become dense and hard to chew.
- If you have time, then make the paneer at home. The fresh and best quality paneer always taste best.
- While mixing the paneer cubes with the corn flour, they have to be really dry. Otherwise, the paneer cubes will get stuck between themselves.
- You can add 1 tsp. of chilli sauce with soy sauce. If you do not have tomato ketchup, then add the 3 tsp. of fresh tomato puree.
- Use the peppers which are not very hot or spicy. Otherwise, the heat of the pepper would overpower the spiciness and taste of the dish.
The addition of various bell peppers makes the dish colour and the sauces make the dish flavourful. The onions, ginger and garlic when sautéed in oil becomes fragrant. All these fried veggies release the tempting aroma. The sprinkle of spring onion and the fresh herbs for garnish gives attractive look to the dish. The blend of Indian spices and the Chinese Sauces gives absolute delicious taste to the dish. The alternation to the authentic Chinese recipe is healthy and light on stomach as well.
Paneer Manchurian is a really a fantastic starter dish simply made with Indian Cottage Cheese. It is fabulous to eat the paneer cooked with other veggies and sautéed in spicy sauces. This Indo-Chinese dish is available is almost every restaurant menu. It is super simple to follow and very quick to make this restaurant-style dish at home. You can prepare this dish to serve for starters in small parties or to have it for your evening snack. If you want more gravy with your veggies in the Paneer Manchurian dry then you can make the same dish with the paneer Manchurian gravy recipe.
Get Recipes in your inbox