Every one of us have a sweet tooth, a craving for sweets. Candies, chocolate and cakes are amongst the most like-able. We celebrate special occasions with family and friends and usually cut a cake. Cakes are spongy and sweet with a beautiful aroma of vanilla, strawberry or butter scotch and a layer of fluffy cream on top. The flavor and look of a cake tempts you to have a few bites. I present you with a basic sponge cake without using eggs.
- Refined flour – 1 Cup
- Milk powder (sweetened) – ¾ Cup
- Corn Flour – ¼ Cup
- Baking Powder – ½ tsp
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Milk – ½ Cup
- Oil – ½ Cup
- Sugar – ½ Cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Dry Fruits – 50 gm
- Mix wet ingredients i.e. oil and milk separately in a bowl
- Mix the dry ingredients i.e. flour, milk powder, sugar, corn flour, baking powder and baking soda separately in another bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mix and keep moving in one direction to incorporate as much air as possible. Add a little bit more milk if mixture becomes thick. Add vanilla essence and dry fruits and move in one direction for at least 3-4 minutes.
- Line a 6-inch cake tin with oil and sprinkle some refined flour throughout so that a uniform layer of flour is formed on the surface.
- Pre-heat the oven at 160 C.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake in oven till done (at least 15-20 minutes).
- Upper crust will become golden and firm. Pierce the surface with a sharp knife. Knife should come out clean.
- Take out the cake on a wire mesh and let it cool. Cut into shapes of your liking.
And the sweet and subtle Eggless Sponge Cake is ready!!
If you are looking for other Eggless Cake Recipes then you may like to try Eggless Fruit Cake Recipe, Eggless Mango Cake Recipe, Eggless Banana Cake Recipe, Eggless Orange Cake Recipe, Eggless Mawa Cake Recipe, Eggless Vanilla Cake or Eggless Pound Cake Recipe. You may also like to make Eggless Choco Chip Muffins if you love baking at home. For all the dessert lovers you may check the recipe of Eggless Chocolate Mousse.
- You can eat it right away with some tea or coffee in the evening.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar to make it a bit sweeter.
- Melted chocolate on the top works.
- Cream frosting would be the best.
Some More from Our Cake Section
Get Recipes in your inbox