Seeking the shelter from the seasonal sickness? Suffering from chest cold or flu? Have an upset stomach or diabetic problem? Soothe your health sorrows with the simple and easy Ginger Tea Recipe.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
There gigantic health benefits of in taking herbal ginger tea. The taste of gingers can be tough for anyone to adapt but its advantages make the tea highly appreciable. It helps fight infections and increases immunity strength. It reacts immediately in the body and eases the pain.
It is absolutely a drink favorable over the coffee or tea. The fresh gingers make the healthy refresher, favorite of many. The packets of ginger tea are available in markets but it cost low when prepared at home in minutes.
- The Ginger Tea Recipe requires 30 minutes or less to prepare.
- Ginger has dual use, it can he used as a spice or as a folk medicine.
- The use of sugar is to reduce the spiciness of the ginger.
- You may also use Cayenne Pepper for making tea spicier.
- To reduce the spiciness, you can use more sugar or honey.
- Also, increase the quantity of water to balance the taste.
- The tea can also be made with an addition of milk.
- The leftover ginger tea can be stored in the jug and kept in the fridge.
- You may also store the gingers in the fridge for later use.
- You must buy the fresh ginger which is plump.
Serving & Garnishing:
The Ginger tea goes well with an Asian meal whether served hot over ice cubes. It can also be taken with homemade bread or crunchy croutons. You have it for your morning breakfast or with an evening snack.
You may garnish the cup of tea with:
- Mint Leaves
- Lemon Rings
- Cinnamon Stick
- Chamomile Flowers
- To make tea spicier, steep the ginger in the tea for a longer time.
- You can use the powdered ginger as well to make the tea.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon to make the tea spicy.
- You may add cardamom powder as well.
- Wrap the grated ginger in the plastic and roll to keep in the freezer.
- The grated or the crushed ginger can also be added to normal masala chai.
- Packets of ginger-tea are available in store.
|25 minutes||2 to 3 people||84 calories|
The ginger tea recipe uses a wonderful amount of gingers. It is easy to make, can be stored for a week and reheated again. Also, gingers are great when you want to achieve health goals. It is also known as “Adrak Chai” in India.
The grated ginger has a strong soothing flavor. The consumption of ginger makes us calm and help us stay alert. This spicy ginger Tea is the best way to include ginger in our diet. It is a great way to relax and relieve stress.
Benefits of Having Ginger:
- Aids the Upset Stomach
- Solves Digestive Problems
- Boosts the Circulation in Body
- Removes the motion sickness
- Excellent for Nausea
- Gives Relief from Indigestion
- Reduces Blood Sugar
- Cures Low Fever
- Warms your Body
- Increases Perspiration
- Melts the body fat
- Helps in weight loss
- Solves Throat Soreness.
How do you make fresh ginger tea?
There are basically three ways by which you can prepare the ginger tea at home.
- Method 1: Simple Hot Ginger Tea
- Method 2: Ginger Tea with Milk
- Method 3: Cold Ginger Tea
How do I make ginger tea with milk?
The ginger tea with milk is very soothing and comforting for the stomach. To make the ginger tea with milk at home, you would need ginger slices, water, and milk. Follow the below steps:
- Heat the water and add ginger slices.
- Wait till the water reaches the boiling point.
- Remove from stove and pour milk.
- Simmer the mixture and serve the tea.
How to make Cold Ginger-Tea?
This type of ginger tea is good and refreshing to have in summers. To prepare ginger tea fusion with cold, you would need fresh ginger, sweetener, and lemon. Also, you would need warm water and some ice cubes. Check the process to prepare cold ginger tea:
- Wash and clean the fresh ginger.
- Peel the ginger and grate it.
- Heat the water.
- Mix the grated ginger.
- Bring everything to boil.
- Switch off the flame.
- Add lemon juice.
- Strain the tea.
- Add some ice cubes.
- Drizzle the sweetener.
- Stir and serve the cold tea.
How long do you steep ginger root?
The fresh ginger is what you need to make the perfect ginger tea. The boiled water is also needed but the rest of the ingredients are optional. Once you infuse the grated ginger in the boiling water, you will need a strainer to filter the ginger tea.
It is important to grate fresh whole ginger instead of slicing it. The grated ginger releases strong aroma and has appealing flavors. You would need food grater for that.
To grate the ginger, you would need to peel the ginger root. You can do that with a peeler or with the back of a spoon.
Ways to add ginger in the boiled water:
- Place the grated ginger in the teapot.
- Pour boiled water.
- Close the lid.
- Let the aroma of ginger infuse in the tea.
- Boil the water in the pot.
- Add the grated ginger.
- Let everything simmer.
- The flavors of ginger will get mix with the tea.
- Take a cup of warm water.
- Keep a tea ball with sliced ginger.
- Cover the cup with saucer.
- Let the fragrance of ginger blend well.
Image Credit : Olgaorly/iStock/Getty Images via LiveStrong