Idli fry recipe is a quick snack made up of left over idlis. Here idlis are cut into finger chips and then fried. Thanks some masala like pav bhaji masala or chaat masala or idli podi is sprinkled on it. Sprinkle the masala of your choice.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
It is important that the idlis are refrigerated or a day old. Because if fresh idli is fried it will break in the oil. Even they will absorb more oil. Fresh idlis even stick to each other while frying.
It is always better to refrigerate the idlis for few hours before frying so that they do not break while frying. If you don’t want to deep fry the idlis then they can be shallow fried also.
While frying the idlis remove small pieces first because they get fried earlier.
- Garnish with some finely chopped green coriander leaves.
- Serve with nariyal chutney or sambar or ketchup.
- Total time of cooking is 15 minutes.
- Serves 3 people.
- While frying the idlis keep an eye because if they are fried more they will become much crispy.
- Shallow frying can also be done.
- It’s important that the idlis are refrigerated.
Image Credit : Redchillies