The sweetness of pineapple is not limited only to the making of the Pineapple juice. One such unusual dish from this delicious and pulpy fruit is the Pineapple Rasam, which is similar to making of Pineapple Soup with a little tweak in taste. The Pineapple Rasam Recipe requires ripe pineapple, dal, spice powder and few Indian condiments which are commonly available in your home. The combination of these ingredients gives a dish which is both healthy and tasty. The entire sweetness of pineapple gets blended with the spicy powders and the herbs giving us a dish with the distinct taste.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The core ingredient of this recipe is the freshly chopped pineapple. And thus for the best results of the Pineapple Rasam Recipe, choose the ripe pineapple from the market. The trick here is to smell the bottom and check if it’s smelling like sweet pineapple or smells fermented. The latter case is overripe pineapple which we do not want. The fruity flavored soup with extraordinary taste and texture is tempting and hard to resist.
The complex flavors of this are classy and commendable. If every spice powder is in proportion then there is no Rasam recipe which is parallel to this version. It has the tangy taste of tomatoes with the spice of green chilies along with the sweetness of ripe pineapples. You can adjust the taste of the Rasam as preferable to your taste palates. Increase the gauge of one ingredient in proportion to others to have its specific taste and flavor. You can make it sweeter, spicier or tangier by adding more pineapples, more of green chilies or more of tomatoes.
The preparation is simple, easy and it can be made quickly at home. It needs minor of pre-preparation. The unique combination of fruity pineapple with pungent spices makes people curious about its taste. Try it today and bring the zest of traditional south Indian flavors in your food. You can tweak the original taste and make it subtle spicy, sweet or sour. Impress you guest with the restaurant style pineapple Rasam.
- The Pineapple Rasam Recipe requires about 40 minutes of preparation and cooking.
- The measure of ingredients mentioned in the recipe serves 4 to 5 people.
- If you feel that green chilies are spicy then you can skip the red chili powder and if they are not, then adjust the quantity of red chili powder.
- If the tomatoes are too tangy, then you can balance the tanginess with a pinch of sugar.
- Too soft pineapples are not appropriate for recipe dishes, choose the one with the green edges.
- If you like more sourly taste, then you can squeeze the half lemon over the Rasam and serve it.
- You can also tamarind along with the chopped pineapples.
You can serve the warm pineapple Rasam in a soup bowl alone before the meal or along with any rice dish (Check List of Rice dish). You can garnish it with the sprinkle of:
- Coriander leaves
- Mint Leaves
- Slit Green Chilies
- Chopped Pineapple
- It is one of the best appetizers to serve along with the meal which consists of Pineapple fried Rice.
- You may serve the roasted Papad or baked chips for the crunch.
The Rasam is a type of tasty and delicious soup in the South Indian food. If you are looking for more of them, then the other types of Rasam can be Lemon Rasam, Tamarind Rasam, Tomato Rasam, Lentil Rasam, Garlic Rasam, Pepper Rasam and much more.
If you are looking for other dishes from pineapple then you may try chilled Pineapple Raita in hot summers. The most common refresher is the pineapple juice but you can also make Pineapple Ice cream, Pineapple cake, Pineapple Pie, Pineapple cookies for the desserts. The fresh Pineapple Salad and the pineapple bread are the healthy breakfast options. You can make grilled and roasted Pineapple dish for the sweet starter dish.