Have you ever thought of re-creating the restaurant style magic in the dish prepared at home? Are you a fan of Rajma Chawal? To get the authentic taste in Rajma dish, you need to add its special spice powder. With this Rajma Masala Powder Recipe, prepare the homemade spice mix for the Rajma Recipe.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The core element in the Rajma Recipe is the Rajma Masala Powder that is added to flavour the dish. This is a really flavourful spice mix powder which you would want to keep in your kitchen. It is most handy and useful when you are making Rajma or Rajma Masala often at your house. The best part of this spice-mix powder is that you can make it in bulk and store it for later use. You may be afraid to try this Rajma Masala powder because of its long list of ingredients. But then it is very simple and easy to prepare the Rajma powder. All these spices when roasted release a fabulous fragrance.
- If while grinding the mixer gets hot, then stop the grinding process. Start to grind after sometime
- For Rajma Powder to retain its freshness, always make it in small batches.
- You must clean the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, carom seeds and the pomegranate seeds.
- Refrain from roasting the spice powders. You must roast only the whole spices.
- You can add crushed ginger-garlic in this Rajma Masala Powder.
- Even the addition of homemade Garam Masala would enhance the taste of this spice mix.
- You do not have to roast powder like ginger, nutmeg etc.
- Avoid roasting any spices if using its powder form.
- You can either roast all ingredients separately or together.
- Cool the spices and grind to a powder with the help of mixer or coffee/spice grinder.
You can use this Rajma masala powder to make delicious and spicy Restaurant Style Punjabi Rajma recipe. Even the tasty and gravy like Rajma Masala also need this Rajma powder.
It is very important to add the Rajma Masala Powder in the correct proportion to maintain the taste of the dish. You must not add it too much or else it would overpower the taste of the whole dish.
For the serving of 3 to 4 people, you must add 1 tsp. of Rajma masala powder in the Rajma dish.
- Once grinded, sieve the Rajma powder once through a strainer.
- If required, you must grind it again.
- Check for the large pieces of spice. Discard if any.
- Dry roast all the whole spices before grinding.
- Grind only after the roasted spices are cooled.
- If are making in different batches then mix masala properly.
- Store it in an air-tight container or jar with the closed lid.
- You can store the powder masala at room temperature.
- Do not store this powder mix in the fridge.
You can be flexible with the proportion of the spices and taste of the spice powder. You may add or skip certain ingredients as well. You may consider the Rajma Masala Powder as the magic ingredient for your Rajma dish. A Little sprinkle of this powder and it takes the taste of your Rajma to another level. It makes Rajma delicious, flavourful and highly fragrant. This homemade Rajma Masala Powder is far better than the store bought. It is tasty, healthy, fresh and hygienic. Once you get your hands on making the Rajma powder at home, it would be difficult for you to make Rajma without it.
Customize the Rajma Masala Powder as per your personal preference and enhance the flavour of your various Rajma dishes. A dash of this powder would make all the difference to your dish. You can easily make out the differentiation in the taste of the Rajma before and after the sprinkle of this powder. But your Rajma would taste nice only if you add Rajma masala powder in the correct proportion. Adding more than required would ruin the taste of your Rajma. So be careful on its proportion.