This Veg Nuggets Recipe is the best snack for the amateur cooks. These crispy and crunchy fried Veggie Nuggets are an irresistible combination of mashed potatoes with various other vegetables. These veggies are tossed in spices and seasoned with masalas powders. The mixture is shaped to nuggets and they are finely coated in bread crumbs. On frying, they become crispy and golden from outside.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
These tasty, delicious and delectable nuggets are bit time-taking. But the Recipe of Crispy veg nuggets is easy to follow. You would need common spices and condiments along with fresh veggies. The mashed potato is the main ingredient which is mixed with spices. This awesome and amazingly tasty mix veggie nuggets are crisp from outside and soft from inside.
There is an unbelievable blend of flavors and tastes within this one snack. They are light to have and they taste so good that you can’t resist eating only one piece. If you prepare a small batch, then it is sure that they would be over within just few minutes.
- If you do not have oats, you can use leftover slices of bread and grind it. Bread shouldn’t be older than 3 days.
- Instead of all-purpose flour, roasted besan can also be used. You can use cornstarch or rice flour to make these veg nuggets recipe.
- While giving shape to the nuggets, you make its cylindrical shape. You have to press it and cut from the sides.
- If you want, you can shallow fry the veg nuggets. Shape them into the round like patties.
- You can give any shape of your wish.
- You can also apply the grounded oats by sprinkling it over the batter dipped nuggets.
- You can refrigerate the nuggets and store for a couple of days.
- If you are planning to store for more days, then you must freeze the nuggets.
- The best cheese for this Veg Nuggets Recipe is the Cheddar Cheese.
- Instead of the grounded oats, you can coat the nuggets with the Suji or Rava.
Serving & Garnishing:
- Serve the Veg Nuggets with homemade tomato ketchup.
- You can enjoy these veg nuggets with cheese dip or any other dips as well.
- Sprinkling Chaat masala over these Veg Nuggets will give desi touch to it.
- You can also serve this Veg Nuggets with any type of flavourful chutney.
- Place the fried Veg nuggets in the stick with the fried onions and capsicum to make barbeque.
- Top the veg nuggets with the chopped coriander leaves.
- Grate some cheddar cheese over the fried veg nuggets.
- If you are using Besan to make Veg nuggets, then roast till it becomes aromatic before adding.
- But if you are using Besan to make the batter for frying then you do not need to roast it.
- You can refrigerate the nugget mixture or you can shape in form of nuggets and then refrigerate.
- With mixed veggies, you can make Veg Cutlet or Veg Patties.
- Dip the nuggets in the batter and sprinkle grounded oats only before frying them.
- Refrain from using mozzarella cheese. As it is soft, it makes tricky to fry the nuggets.
- The cornstarch paste for making the batter.
- If you have leftover vermicelli, then use it for coating the nuggets.
- For the healthier version, you can bake veg nuggets or make them in air-fryer.
Some suggestions while preparing veg nuggets:
- It is important to coat the nuggets batter of flour paste.
- The coated nuggets need to be sprinkled with a dry ingredient.
- You must not skip the coating of the veg nuggets.
- The coating gives crispy texture and holds the nuggets together while you fry them.
- Fry the nuggets in the sufficiently hot oil. They will be cooked fast.
- If you fry at low flame, nuggets would take lot of time to cook and absorb a lot of oil.
- Check the temperature of oil before frying the nuggets.
- Always use the roasted besan. If is not roasted, then roast before adding.
- If besan is uncooked, then you could easily feel its aroma in fried nuggets.
- The substitute to besan can be gram flour or Sattu. Again, roast and add.
- If you do not have processed cheese, then add paneer. You use both in half quantity.
- Cheddar Cheese can be used for the strong cheesy flavors. You cannot use both processed cheese and cheddar cheese together.
- Do not add extra cheese. It can break nuggets.
- The batter can be made thin or thick. If you want a thin batter, use gram flour. If you want thick batter then use all-purpose along with corn starch flour.
- Little lemon juice can enhance the overall taste of veg nuggets.
- The preparation is time taking. But you can make mixture is advance and store.
- Refrigerate or freeze the mixture. When you want to eat, coat the nuggets and fry.
How to check if Oil is hot and ready to fry nuggets?
Do not add the nuggets in the oil unless it is hot enough to fry. To check if the oil is ready or not, you can take tiny batter coated and the breaded piece of a nugget. Drop it in the oil. If the small nugget piece comes up quickly, then the oil is hot. But it stays at bottom of pan or if it comes slowly then you must wait for more time. Let the oil heat, only then fry the nuggets.
Baking Veg Nuggets:
If you are afraid of high calories in frying these veg nuggets, then you also bake them. Alternately these nuggets you can pan fry them, shallow fry them, air-fry them or just bake them.
If you are baking these veg nuggets, then bake at 180 degrees Celsius. Firstly, brush a little oil on the prepared coated nuggets. Arrange them on the baking tray over the butter paper. Pre-heat the oven. Keep them to bake till they are crisp, crunchy and golden.
They would take around for 15 to 20 minutes to be properly baked in the oven. The timings may vary depending on the oven. The type of the oven, how you make in the oven and the size of the oven affects the cooking time.
Which Other Veggies Can be added?
You can add any other vegetables of your choice in this dish. The boiled and mashed potatoes are one of the main ingredients of this the recipe. You can skip the remaining veggies and also add any other favorite veggie of yours. You can add cauliflower, carrots, corns, beans, bell peppers, broccoli, beetroots, mushrooms, onions, zucchini, etc.
- If you are adding broccoli, cauliflower, corn or green peas then boil them. (You can also steam them.)
- If you are adding beetroots, cabbage, carrots or zucchini then grated them. (You can also finely chop them.)
- If you adding mushrooms or bell peppers, then you need to saute them. (You can also fry them.)
Whichever other vegetables you mix, just keep the overall proportion of veggies to 1.5 cups. The mashed potato alone must be 1.5 cups. If you increase the proportion of potatoes, then you can add more veggies. Also, increase the proportion of spices and powders to maintain the balance of flavors.
Get Recipes in your inbox