Rava dhokla recipe makes soft, fluffy cakes made with semolina or rava. Rava dhokla is a famous Gujarati snack. This is an instant recipe. It do not require fermentation. If you have guests at your home suddenly and you were not aware about it. Don’t worry if you have not prepared earlier and you want to serve them some snack. Then this rava dhokla recipe will help you.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
This rava dhokla recipe is healthy. It goes well with green chutney. Here I have used eno to make the batter airy. If you don’t have eno you can use baking soda also. If you don’t have yogurt you can use lemon juice and increase the quantity of water in the batter to maintain the consistency of the batter.
Here no soaking, grinding is required thus it’s very instant recipe. The amount of oil used here is quite less thus if you are a health conscious person this recipe is perfect for you. To make it more healthy one can add chopped capsicum also. Other veggies can also be added according to your choice. Thus it is even a perfect tiffin recipe for your kids.
You May Also Like:
- Garnish with green coriander leaves.
- Serve with:
- tomato sauce
- green coriander chutney
- mint chutney
- Total time of cooking is 30 minutes
- Serves 3 people
- After adding eno immediately staem the dhokla otherwise the dhokla will not be fluffy.
- Ginger garlic paste is optional.
- Instead of eno ¼ tsp of baking soda can be added.
- Staem the dhokla on medium flame to make them fluffy.
- Red chili powder can be sprinkled on the batter before steaming the dhokla. It gives a nice texture to them.
- In tempering jeera/ cumin seeds can also be added.
- If you don’t have sour curd you can add lemon juice.
- Veggies like capsicum, onions, tomato etc can be added.
- The same batter can be steamed in a idli stand to make rava idli.