Develop healthy eating habits for a healthy body and a healthy tomorrow. Regularly having a good diet and daily exercise is essential for a well-being of your body. The better healthy food you have, the more you enjoy your life! Start eating salads suitable to your palate and body. The Russian Salad Recipe uses a combination of veggies and fruits with cream and spice powders.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
It is a very popular salad, available in almost every restaurant. It has a different style and variation in taste at each place. The importance is to blend salad with a dressing of variety flavour. To prepare it is quite simple and easy when compared with other salads. The recipe of this Russian salad is easy to make without the much need of cooking. All the ingredients are available in stores and are common for everyday life.
It has the beautiful blend of boiled veggies with the mayonnaise. The fresh fruits with the fresh cream create a harmony of flavours. The raw veggies and fruits finish up to a delectable texture of vibrant colours which is unique from all the other salads. The combination of crispness and creaminess is commendable. Though this salad is not much different, it does have the mouth-watering aroma.
- The Russian Salad Recipe requires only 20 minutes to chop the veggies and combine them together.
- The measured ingredients quantity approximately serves 4 people.
- You can either chop all the veggie before boiling or do vice versa, i.e. boil the veggie and chop later.
- Sugar and Salt are already contained in mayonnaise. So refrain from adding extra. But if you want, add in little amount.
- Using fruits is optional in this recipe, it makes it restaurant style.
- For the vegan version of the salad, skip using the boiled eggs.
Drizzle a little bit of olive oil or salad dressing over the salad. Serve the salad in a fancy shallow salad serving bowl. Garnish the salad plate with –
- Lemon Wedges
- Chopped Veggies
- Lettuce Leaves
- Coriander Leaves
- Cabbage Leaves
- Pomegranate Arils
- For the parties, you can serve it with the bowl of tangy flavoured how tomato soup with crunchy and crispy croutons.
- You can serve immediately or else serve it once cooled. To enhance the flavour and crunch, it should be served chilled.
- Prepare the chopped mint leaves dressing for the refreshing flavours.
- Pair this delicious Russian Salad with the spicy roasted Potatoes.
- The Russian salad goes very well with any regular meal.
- You can also have this creamy and crunchy Russian Salad Plain without any side accompaniments.
- Just top the salad over a slice of any bread like homemade Italian bread or Brown Bread.
- It tastes best when served with the bowl of healthy Spinach Soup.
- Instead of egg yolk, you can use whole milk, condensed milk or soy milk.
- To add the little spicy in the taste of this Russian Salad, you can also sprinkle the Paprika as well.
- Avoid boiling all the vegetables together. It will give a different taste to the salad.
- As the different vegetables take different time for cooking, boil them wisely. First boil peas, then beans and finely boil potatoes with carrots.
- You can use parsley leaves. Its substitute can be Dill Leaves.
- You can use any mayonnaise such as Vegetarian or vegan mayonnaise without the eggs.
- The mayonnaise makes the salad creamier, so use Mayo of your choice.
- You may buy the mayonnaise from the store or prepare eggless mayonnaise at home.
Have you ever tried eating the fresh juicy fruits with the fresh raw vegetables? If not, then this Russian Salad is what you are missing on. This single salad dish is enough to beat all the other fancy salad. This salad is unique because it is tasty and healthy.
It has its own way of preparation which is different from other salads. This fragrance of this salad is tempting and has mouthwatering flavors. The combination of the boiled vegetables with some raw vegetables is just amazing. The fresh fruits are also added along with the mayonnaise.
The Russian Salad Recipe is simple, easy, healthy and tasty. It a wholesome recipe. The popular salad plate is very costly when ordered in restaurant. So, make the same at home and enjoy! This salad is very yummy and highly tummy-filling.
There is no match of this delicious, hearty, flavorful and colourful Russian Salad with other standard salads. It has the crunchy texture with the creamy base. The raw veggies can be added, but the preferred way to make this salad is with parboiled veggies.
The blend of cooked veggies with fresh pineapple makes this salad a little sweet. The drizzle of lemon juice infuses tangy flavour. While the salad is luscious because of mayonnaise dressing and addition of fresh cream.
There lies an indefinite importance of in taking green veggies and the fresh fruits. There are various ways to include this healthy salad in your diet. You may have it alone during any time of the day or you may take it as a side accompaniment to a lunch. You may even spread the salad over the bread and have it for your evening snack.
Do not stoop down your head ever again on the name of salad. Hungry? Have a healthy habit of eating salad.
How to Perfect Cook Veggies for Russian Salad?
It is critical to cook the veggies for this beautiful Russian Salad. When cooking the veggies, ensure that you do not overcook them. The salad looks colourful due to the vibrant colours of the raw vegetables which must be retained. Also, the crunch and crispness of the vegetables must not be lost. So boil the veggies only as required.
How do you make Original Olivier Salad?
The Russian Salad is also popularly known as the Olivier salad. Originally, it was made with diced vegetables with Russian salad dressing. You have to cook the raw veggies. You may boil or steam them. When the veggies are tender, drain them and chop them. Toss these veggies in chopped fresh herbs like parsley or mint leaves. Mix it with the mayonnaise and season with salt. The leftover of roasted food dishes can also be added.
Now, the variation has been made and the salad is prepared with fresh fruits as well.
What Is A Russian Salad Dressing?
This a truly extraordinary tart dressing that you can use in the Russian Salad. This tangy flavoured dressing can also be stored for other use. You can spread on your sandwiches as well. It is made with mayonnaise, ketchup, onions, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Take a small mixing bowl. Add the ketchup and mayonnaise and whisk them together. Drizzle the vinegar and mix well. Add chopped onions and stir the dressing. Season it with salt and pepper. Whisk everything until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate the dressing and it is ready to use.
What Is In Russian Potato Salad?
The recipe we prepared here is also called as Russian Potato Salad. It can be prepared on a family gathering, small parties or special occasions. The addition of boiled and chopped potato chunks makes it a Russian Potato Salad.
Image Credit : Hungryforever